Volunteer Social Media Manager
Hampton & Richmond Football Club is a thriving, community-oriented football club with a rich history and a dedicated fan base. We are committed to fostering a strong connection with our supporters and the wider community.
The Club requires a well organised individual who wishes to become part of a growing football club.
Job Title: Volunteer Social Media Manager
Organization: Hampton & Richmond Football Club
Position Type: Volunteer
As part of our continued efforts to engage and interact with our audience, we are seeking a Volunteer Social Media Manager to join our team.
Position Overview: The Volunteer Social Media Manager will play a vital role in the day-to-day management of all social media channels for Hampton & Richmond Football Club. Working closely with the Senior Manager, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about football, social media, and community engagement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating engaging content, fostering online relationships, and promoting the club's activities.
- Develop and curate high-quality, engaging content for the club's social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
- Create visually appealing graphics using tools like Photoshop to enhance the club's social media presence.
Social Media Management:
- Schedule and post regular updates, match previews, match highlights, and other relevant content across various social media platforms.
- Monitor and engage with the club's online community, responding to comments, questions, and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging social media platforms to ensure the club's presence remains relevant.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the club's social media following and fan engagement.
- Work closely with the club's marketing and communication team to promote events, news, and match-days.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for football and a deep understanding of the sport.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with basic graphic design and image editing software, especially Photoshop.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box to engage the club's audience.
- A commitment to the club's mission and values.
Time Commitment: This is a volunteer position, and the Volunteer Social Media Manager is expected to dedicate a flexible number of hours per week. Matchdays and special events may require additional time commitment.
To apply for this role, please send a CV, along with a short description of why you would suit this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in promoting Hampton & Richmond Football Club and engaging with our passionate fan base through the power of social media. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to our team!
Our values play a pivotal role in our success.
Our values are not just a list of words we expect our colleagues to learn, but a set of filters through which we deliver to each other, our fans, our partners, and our sponsors. As a team we live and breathe these values.
Our values are:
- We relentlessly pursue excellence through sacrifice & self-discipline
- We respect everyone and welcome all creeds and cultures
- We own up and are accountable for bringing solutions not problems
- We are role models for the community on and off the pitch
- We are fearless in the face of adversity
- We are committed and stand proud in victory and defeat
- We go forward and win in all aspects of life
How we say thank you
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a reward package which will include, but not limited to:
- In-house training programme
- Opportunities to develop football qualifications and business acumen
- Discounts at the Club shop and online
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Our core values mean that we have a strong ethical culture which allows us to meet the needs of our diverse audience, both on and off the pitch. We encourage applications from individuals regardless of their age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, do not hesitate to get in touch with our People and Culture team.
Safeguarding is part of everything we do
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
This is a UK based job. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. All offers of employment for this role are subject to background checks, including criminal (DBS) and right to work, as well as a full reference history. We do not offer sponsorship for applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please send a CV, along with a short description of why you would suit this role, to email@example.com.